(as of Mar 09,2023 15:42:20 UTC – Details)
The bestselling book and authorized Penguin edition to learn and improve your English quickly!
– Improve your English skills for Boards, competitive/entrance Exams (GMAT, GRE, IELTS, LSAT, SAT, TOEFL, CAT )
– Better vocabulary for interviews: job, university, visa
– Practise just 15 minutes a day
– Become a self-assured English speaker
– Ensured success in your job and career
– Learn the best language skills from the master
– Know the correct usage of words
– Improve your personality
– Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions
– Clear tools and tips for quick learning
– Fun exercises and a daily progress-tracking system
– A large repository of words to express your thoughts clearly
– Suitable for both beginners and advanced readers
Word Power Made Easy does more than just add words to your vocabulary. It teaches ideas and a method of broadening your knowledge as an integral part of the vocabulary-building process.
– Do you always use the right word?
– Can you pronounce it-and spell it-correctly?
– Do you know how to avoid improper expressions?
– Do you speak grammatically, without embarrassing mistakes?
– If your answer to any of these questions is no, you need this book!
Written in a lively, accessible style, Word Power Made Easy includes useful sections explaining which grammar rules are valid and which are outdated or misguided and can be safely ignored.
Loaded with helpful reviews, progress checks, and quizzes to reinforce the material, this classic resource has helped millions learn to speak and write with confidence.
Word Power Made Easy has been popular since it was first published in 1949. It has run into several editions since then and is still relied upon as a credible book by even those who know the English language fairly well. Generations of students have benefited and improved their language by using this book. This is a core book about English language and correct word usage. Anybody who wants to improve their vocabulary will find it very useful.
Authored by the bestselling grammarian Norman Lewis, Word Power Made Easy serves as a ready reference for students who want to brush up their English speaking, reading and writing skills. It is a must for students who want to excel in the subject and feel confident.
The style of writing of this book is very easy to understand. There are separate sections on rules and applied grammar. By way of simple techniques, the author has presented easy tips for improving one’s vocabulary and word skills. After having created awareness about the new words and their meaning, he then goes onto explain how to make their correct usage.
Those who have struggled to use the right word at the right time, are not sure about a particular expression, are poor in expressing themselves in English, mix up word meanings of like sounding words, are low on confidence when it comes to the right pronunciation stand to benefit from referring to this book regularly.
At the end of the chapters there are revision exercises that can be used for undertaking a self-evaluation. This book also has interesting quizzes and other puzzle exercises which test a practitioner’s ability to judge and use the language correctly.
From the Publisher
ASIN : 0143424688
Publisher : Penguin Random House India; Latest edition (15 March 2015); Penguin Random House India
Language : English
Paperback : 50 pages
ISBN-10 : 9780143424680
ISBN-13 : 978-0143424680
Reading age : Customer suggested age: 13 years and up
Item Weight : 410 g
Dimensions : 20.3 x 25.4 x 4.7 cm
Country of Origin : India
Net Quantity : 1 Piece
Importer : Penguin Random House India
Packer : Penguin Random House India
Generic Name : Book